Thursday, February 11, 2010

The "New" Post

Pfft. This new post is for Jennifer, who is apparently unable to update her OWN blog for two months, and I wait a week and get snotty comments! :)

I've been trying to rest my twisted ankle, but I don't seem to be making as much progress as I would have hoped. It still hurts every day, and I really don't want to take Motrin on a daily basis so I don't eat a hole in my stomach lining. Once you've seen someone with bleeding ulcers, you never want to get them, too. Maybe I'll go get an x-ray, but probably not. Avoiding doctor visits is becoming my specialty. Although, I do have an appointment next week with my rheumatologist that I will not skip. I don't self-inject Humira every two weeks for nothing! By the way, that is the greatest stuff in the world. My psoriasis is getting better, and my psoriatic arthritis isn't bothering me at all! Yahoo!

So, we got some snow. OK, we got tons of snow! My friend, David, lives just about a mile from my office, and kindly let me stay at his place for a couple of days to avoid my commute. John worked his ass off clearing the snow at home (until the auger fell out of the snowblower), and still drove back and forth to work. It was such a relief for me not have to do the ride back and forth.

Not only did we get snow- we got an earthquake, too! Woke me up out of a sound sleep!

When I finally got home last night, I think I was scaring Leinie. He avoided me like the plague until bedtime. Then he finally realized I wasn't going away again. Now, this morning, while leaving for work, I looked back, and all three of them were sitting smooshed against each other staring at me. I just wanted to turn around and hug them all!

My Valentine's Day will probably be just a little lame this year, since John is working at the stupid liquor store all weekend. I think I'll scrapbook. Or clean. Somehow I think sleep will actually win out over all other ideas. Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry your ankle is still hurting. Take the weekend off! Your dogs would love to stay snuggled up with you. About Sunday and John...he must really love working there so grin and bare it...
    OK don't get mad!!!!!!!!!!!! Would you rather have him pouting around the house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turns out he's only working in the morning both days, but I'm not going to "bare" it for anyone!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I thought marriage was give and take.haha
    Well I'm glad that he will be with you the "love of his life" for part of the day. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete