Monday, February 22, 2010

The Lost Weekend...

I have now completely let myself down! I didn't clean a damn thing last week. But, I managed to get the part for the snowblower that cracked off, and I spent 2-1/2 hours sewing buttons and making up replacement "catches" for the hooks on John's pants.

So, here's how the conversation went:

"Can you sew a couple of buttons on my pants for me?"
"Sure, where are they?"
"I don't know. Somewhere."
"So, I have to sew buttons on and you don't know where they went?"
"Yes."
"OK, where are the pants?"
"Here's the pair I'm taking off."

Hands me the pants. Then proceeds to pull out three more pair from his dirty laundry, and three more hanging in the closet. I looked at him and asked if all of them were missing buttons. He said, yes, they were. Turns out he's been holding them up for weeks with just the zipper and his belt. Not only were the buttons missing, but the majority of the pants have the little silver hook inside the front in addition to the button. All but one pair was missing that stupid catch for the hook. I created new ones with upholstery thread, and I'm crossing my fingers that they hold. I had to find a shirt with larger buttons on it (mine) and remove them to sew on his pants. Next job- sew the split up the back of one pair. When asked what keeps happening, I was told that they just keep shrinking. My personal theory is that Leinenkugel should start making dress pants.

I made the mistake last Monday of talking about how nice Mondays were, blah, blah, blah. Big, huge, stupid mistake. I spent the rest of the day turning into a psychopath due to work issues. Not one person wanted to come past my office. Apparently, though, I'm quite amusing when pissed. None of it was directed at my co-workers, just vendors who need to get their heads out of the sand (or their asses). Enough said.

This actually turned out to be a good week, and a terrific weekend. I went to a grade school friend's birthday party on Friday night with my mom, and Saturday I spent the afternoon sampling Tastefully Simple stuff, getting the snowblower part, getting an amazing deal on a couple of shirts at Catherine's, eating Long John Silver in the car (to keep up my snazzy figure so I can continue shopping at Catherine's), and then on to Dave's for a Win, Lose, or Draw game night. It was great. Sunday night I finally hooked up my mom's new used computer from Katie. She can finally do games, look at videos, and play Bejeweled! I'm very happy for her!

So, once again, I will attempt to get to the bathroom this week. One can only hope.

Have a great day, and terrific week, if I don't get to check back in!

3 comments:

  1. That's why I never make plans,especially to clean the house. I only think about doing it! If I say I'm going to and don't,it's more depressing.You really have to be in the mood to clean!!! Don't worry be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!!! I love it, beth, I really do! PLEASE keep it coming!!! --Jennifer. For some reason I can't sign in. And I'm tired, so . .. screw it.

    ReplyDelete